Wednesday, July 24, 2024

The Druidry Handbook by John Michael Greer


Let me preface this by saying I never expected to be drawn to Druidry at this point in my life, but here I am! If that resonates with you, and you've stumbled upon this new path, then John Michael Greer's "The Druidry Handbook" can be a welcoming guide.

Now, I'm not talking about some scholarly paper filled with jargon. Greer's book is refreshingly clear and straightforward. It lays out the core tenets of Druidry in a way that even someone new to the path can grasp.

Here's what I found particularly helpful:

Structured Approach: Greer breaks Druidry down into three paths: Sun (seasonal celebrations), Moon (meditation and inner exploration), and Earth (living in harmony with nature). This structure provided a clear framework for understanding the different aspects of Druid practice.

Actionable Steps: What truly impressed me were the practical exercises and rituals included in the book. It wasn't all theory – Greer offered ways to incorporate these ideas into your daily life, even for someone like me who wasn't sure where to begin.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Modern Focus: If you're looking for a deep dive into the historical underpinnings of Druidry, this book might not be it. Greer emphasizes applying Druidic practices in the modern world.

Writing Style: Some might find Greer's writing style a bit on the esoteric side. While easy to understand, it leans towards a more metaphorical and poetic way of explaining concepts.

Overall, "The Druidry Handbook" served as a valuable introduction for me, a curious newcomer to Druidry. It provided a foundation for understanding the core practices and offered practical ways to explore them. If you're like me, someone seeking a fresh perspective later in life, this book is a worthwhile starting point.



No comments:

Post a Comment